The Library invites applications for the position of Assistant Librarian
(Permanent part-time position: 16+ hours per week)
The Magnetawan Public Library is a small library in the Almaguin region of Ontario. We serve a population of 1600 with a substantial summer cottager and visitor population.
The Assistant Librarian will support the Library CEO with daily operation of the library, providing service in accordance with procedures established by the CEO to successfully carry out the board’s policy.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Some post-secondary preferred
- Experience using general office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners
- Previous experience working in a public library
- Knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of library automated systems (Sirsi/Dyynix)
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of programs and events
- The position is 16+ hours per week, including evenings and Saturday
- $14.50 + 4% vacation pay starting salary, and a 3 month probationary period.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
- Mrs. Shirley Dorig, Chairperson
- Magnetawan Public Library
- P.O. Box 130
- Magnetawan, ON
- P0A 1P0
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than October 3, 2017.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a current criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check.